This special drop-in General Program class is an opportunity to experience the in-depth style of our advanced Foundation Program classes with the freedom of a drop-in class. Ideal for anyone — both newer and experienced — who wishes to deepen their understanding and experience of Modern Buddhism and meditation by taking it to the next level.
We will study the highly-acclaimed book How to Solve Our Human Problems by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and receive insightful, in-depth commentary from our Resident Teacher, Gen Zamling. (You can read a description of the book below.) Each class includes guided meditation, engaging discussion, and in-depth teachings that reveal the deeper meaning of the text. Strong emphasis is placed on practical application in daily life to achieve lasting results.
In particular, by studying this book in depth:
• Learn clear, effective solutions to negative emotions and attitudes
• Develop constructive mental reactions to life problems
• Discover deeper levels of Buddhist thought and practice
• Gain greater skill and confidence in formal meditation practice
• Improve mindfulness in daily life
• Build a strong connection with like-minded people
It's encouraged to attend every session to get the most out of the teachings, but all are welcome to attend as many or as few sessions as you'd like.
Brief description of the book from Tharpa Publications:
Tuesdays, 7pm - 9pm
Sept 11 - Dec 18
Each class includes guided meditation, engaging discussion, and in-depth teachings