Hello, River North! 🙂
We’re excited to be coming to 375 West Erie Street in 2019!
Kadampa Meditation Center Chicago (KMC Chicago) has been part of Chicagoland for over 20 years. We started with humble beginnings, meeting in a small apartment in Lakeview, and as our community grew, we eventually developed a beautiful center in Oak Park, in the Harrison Street Arts District. In 2012, we added a branch in Wicker Park. We're part of the New Kadampa Tradition - International Kadampa Buddhist Union (NKT-IKBU), which is a worldwide network of over 1,300 independent Kadampa Buddhist centers and branches around the world where people can study and practice the teachings of Buddha. All Kadampa centers are non-profit organizations dedicated to benefiting their local community.
And now KMC Chicago is getting ready to open our most beautiful space yet, in River North. The roughly 4,000 square foot space will feature a large meditation room with a fully-qualified Buddhist shrine (including an 8-foot-tall Buddha), a shop with books and meditation essentials, and tons of social space for hanging out. Scroll down for the latest posts and insider updates as we work to transform the raw, unfinished space into a modern city temple for people of all backgrounds.
Here's the latest:
- Big posters for a big space (with video) (May 12, 2019)
- Now, we’re rolling … Rolling Mantras! (May 5, 2019)
- All that, and a roof-top deck, too! (April 20, 2019)
- Flooring matters (March 15, 2019)
- The plans are taking shape! (March 7, 2019)
- Some inspiration for our shrine (February 20, 2019)
- A quick tour inside (video) (February 8, 2019)
- A spiritual beginning (January 25, 2019)
- Meditation room to-be (January 14, 2019)
- Getting to know our new space (January 7, 2019)
There are many ways YOU can be part of this project!
> Donate your time - help us roll mantras
> Offer your talents - whatever they may be!
> Keep the project in your prayers - positive thoughts are invaluable!
Let us know how you'd like to help out: