Sun, Sep 10|
Introduction to Foundation Program (Oak Park)
Gain deeper understanding and experience of Buddhism through systematic and guided study, meditation, and discussion.
Time & Location
Sep 10, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Oak Park, 13 Harrison St, Oak Park, IL 60304, USA
Would you like to
- Sharpen your spiritual wisdom, and strengthen your love and compassion?
- Become a confident and effective meditator?
- Deepen your understanding of the Buddhist path?
- Be part of a kind and supportive community?
You're invited to join us on Sunday, Sept 10th, 12 - 2pm to see if Foundation Program is right for you.
Foundation Program (FP) is an enrollment-based class that emphasizes gaining deeper understanding and experience of Buddhism through systematic and guided study, meditation, and discussion.
This term we will begin studying the inspiring book The New Heart of Wisdom: Profound Teachings from Buddha's Heart, which offers a practical and profound look into the ultimate nature of reality, called emptiness, as well as an explanation of all the stages of the path to enlightenment.
By gaining the special wisdom of emptiness, we will:
- solve our daily problems of stress, craving, frustration and confusion
- remove obstacles to realizing our full spiritual potential
- develop a special ability to profoundly benefit others
Each Sunday session includes guided meditation, chanted prayers, teachings and discussion.
Although attendence to this introductory class is free, we ask you to RSVP below. We welcome you to become part of our wonderful FP community!
Intro to FP (Oak Park)