• Beholding Buddha's Beautiful Face (Retreat)
Time & Location
Not only is Buddha's serene, beautiful face extremely pleasing to behold, if we meditate on Buddha's image, we will develop many special benefits, even if our concentration is not clear:
- our mind will become peaceful, pure and inspired
- we accumulate abundant spiritual good fortune
- we clear away inner negativities and obstacles
- we create indestructible potential for liberation and enlightenment
In this morning guided retreat, we will learn how to meditate on Buddha's image to enhance our concentration and inspiration. Everyone is welcome to attend, and no previous experience is necessary.
Materials for the retreat: Since we will spend considerable time meditating on the image of Buddha Shakyamuni, it is strongly recommended that you have your own image, which you can order from us for curbside pickup (orders required at least 48 hours in advance of the retreat), or online through Tharpa Publications.
🕙 Live online
🎞️ Recorded and available for 72 hours afterward
Saturday, June 26
10am - 11am - Retreat Session 1
11:15am - 12pm - Retreat Session 2
12:15pm - 1pm - Retreat Session 3
Gen Kelsang Zamling is known for his practical approach, warmth, and clarity. Skilled in guiding meditators of all levels, he is well-loved by his students and sets an immaculate example of someone who has taken Buddha's teachings to heart.
BOOKS & MATERIALS
Click a link below to order a printed, e-book, or audio copy from Tharpa Publications, or contact us using the form below to arrange pickup from our Oak Park location (at least 48 hours in advance).
- Strongly recommended: An image of Buddha Shakyamuni (Since we will spend considerable time meditating on the image of Buddha Shakyamuni, it is strongly recommended that you have your own image.)
- Optional: Joyful Path of Good Fortune & Introduction to Buddhism (This event will refer to these books. It's not required to have your own copy, but many people find it helpful to follow along or read more afterward. )
No one turned away for lack of funds. Contact us to request financial accommodations. FP & Supporting Members: half price; Benefactors and Patrons: free. See the member benefits section for codes needed to receive these discounts. $35 for 30 days: free, discount is automatically applied.