Fri, May 20|
Oak Park, Live Stream, & Recorded
• Long Life, Merit & Wisdom: The Blessing Empowerment of Buddha Amitayus
May 20 - 22 | When we open our heart to Buddha Amitayus' guidance, he will help us increase our wisdom, our ability to fulfill our wishes, and our most precious possession, our life.
Time & Location
May 20, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT – May 22, 2022, 7:45 PM CDT
Oak Park, Live Stream, & Recorded, 13 Harrison St, Oak Park, IL 60304, USA
Amitayus means "immeasurable life span." When we open our heart to Buddha Amitayus' guidance, he will help us increase our wisdom, our merit (our ability to fulfill our wishes) and, most importantly, he will help us protect our most precious possession — our life. Through his blessings, we increase our energy and lifespan with which to complete the spiritual path ourself and others.
This weekend provides us with an ideal opportunity to draw close to Buddha Amitayus and learn how to rely upon him through profound and effective meditations anyone can practice. Through this training, we will gradually free ourself from all obstacles and unhappiness, enjoy a long and happy life, and develop profound ability to benefit others.
Summary of the weekend:
- Friday evening, the intro talk and meditation provide ideal preparation for the weekend.
- Saturday morning focuses on preparing for and receiving the empowerment blessing; in the afternoon commentary we learn special meditations to develop our long life, merit, and wisdom through the traditional practice of Buddha Amitayus.
- Sunday's guided retreat allows us to gain personal and heartfelt experience of the meditations, so we can change at a deep level.
No previous experience is necessary; everyone is welcome!
😊 In person in Oak Park
💻 Live online (all sessions)
🎞️️ Portions will be recorded and available for 72 hours
(exceptions, which can only be viewed live: the empowerment session at 11am on Sat and Wishfulfilling Jewel on Sun.)
BOOKS & MATERIALS
This event will make use of the following resource(s). It's not necessary to have your own copy, but for those who are interested these are available for purchase at our Oak Park and Wicker Park locations. You can also click any title below for more information, or to order it as a printed, audio, or e-book directly from Tharpa Publications.
- Condensed Long-Life Practice of Buddha Amitayus
- The Yoga of Buddha Amitayus
- The New Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Mirror of Dharma with Additions
Full Weekend: $80
Friday Only: $12
Saturday Only: $60
Sunday Only: $30
Audio Recording: $10 (Friday Intro & Sat Commentary sessions only)
No one turned away for lack of funds; contact us to request financial accommodations. Member discounts: Benefactors and Patrons free, see the member benefits section for codes needed to receive this discount. $35 for 30 Days free, discount is automatically applied when logged in. Refund policy
1 hour 30 minutes
Intro Talk & Meditation: "Entering the Magical World of Tantra"
Guided Meditation (with Kadampa Teacher Elena Marre)